FEAST Technical Assistant/Manager
Full Time or Part Time, Fixed Term Role (until December 2018)
Immediate Start Preferred (March 2018)
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Location: Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire (with travel across the South East Midlands)
Holidays: 25 per annum plus 8 statutory (pro-rata where applicable)
The food and drink industry is a priority sector in a number of Midlands’ LEP areas and can deliver a significant contribution to local economies over the next decade. As a result, the FEAST project is expected to be one of the vehicles for providing significant resource and targeted interventions to the sector. This includes working with delivery partners, SME food and drink businesses as well as universities, colleges and research institutions.
As the Technical Manager/Assistant you will work within the FEAST project technical team, providing high quality support and advice to small and medium-sized food and drink businesses. The role is complex requiring a high degree of multi-tasking and focus, as it provides support within a wide range of the food manufacturing & foodservice industry. Because of the nature of the role it requires excellent skills in the areas of attention to detail, administration, organisation of workload though time planning, negotiation and communication skills.
The role has a high degree of contact with the public and a proactive, helpful and committed approach to customer service is required. Also, a hands-on approach will be required to problem solving and continuous improvement within the businesses that the role supports.
Good interpersonal skills are required as well as the ability to work under your own initiative. There will be the need for some flexible working hours e.g. occasional weekends and evenings, if required by the business you are supporting.
In addition as this role is part of a small team a flexible approach to tasks and priorities will be important, as well as the willingness to take on other duties on an ad hoc basis.
Daily activities will include supporting, maintaining and ultimately providing;
- Assistance to the Technical Manager in taking responsibility to develop and manage the delivery of project technical work to businesses in the Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and South East Midlands area.
- An excellent understanding and working knowledge of HACCP and SALSA and BRC would also be desirable
- You will manage your own time effectively
- Be able to prepare project reports, utilising report writing skills to produce a concise narrative of project progress
- Collate outputs and outcomes from projects and commercial activities and analyse variances, communicate these proactively and consider their impacts on the overall project succes
- Liaison with customers in the public and private sectors as required e.g. sending information, following up, organising meetings, telephone calls
- To have an excellent working knowledge of the FEAST project to be able to describe these accurately to customers and prospective customers both verbally and in writing
- Ensuring that accurate records are kept as required e.g. data storage, file storage, archiving, database administration and timesheets
- Assisting with the preparation of funding submissions as required
- Speak at trade and support events with authority and specialist knowledge in the areas of technical food production
- An understanding of food legislation including labelling law
You will be required to comply with all ERDF funded project requirements including but not limited to the maintenance of project management systems, timesheets, and outputs forms as well as ensuring the correct use of ERDF logos for marketing material. You will be responsible for ensuring the Forum complies with all ERDF requirements and regulations at all times.
As you will be required to meet with businesses across Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and the South East Midlands, a clean driving license is a necessity with business use on insurance.
The Food & Drink Forum is a not-for-profit industry body for the food and drink manufacturing sector, working across the East Midlands. (www.foodanddrinkforum.co.uk)
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV along with a 1 page covering letter which should include at least two referees to email@example.com