ERDF Project Manager
Full Time or Part Time, Fixed Term Role (July 2017 – December 2018)
IMMEDIATE START PREFERRED.
Salary: Circa £36,000
Holiday Allowance: 25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays (Holiday can only be taken in line with the claim timetable)
Location: Nottingham NG5 (with travel to South East Midlands as required)
The food and drink industry is a priority sector in a number of East Midlands’ LEP areas and can deliver a significant contribution to local economies over the next decade. As a result, the FEAST project is expected to be one of the vehicles for providing significant resource and targeted interventions to the sector. This includes working with delivery partners, SME food and drink businesses as well as universities, colleges and research institutions.
As the ERDF Project Manager you will work as part of a small team delivering the Forum’s new ERDF funded project, FEAST. The role is an important and critical feature of the FEAST project and, as such, we require an individual who is able to start as soon as possible. You will have in-depth knowledge and proven experience of working with and managing EU/ERDF funded projects together with associated finances and cash flows within ERDF funded projects. You will also be required to report at different levels (internal and external) on progress, delivery, outcomes and financial and budget monitoring.
On a day-to-day basis you will have full responsibility for project management of not only the ERDF contract, but the project staff, partners and the monitoring and reporting of the targeted output and ensuring full compliance with all ERDF and national regulations. In essence, the role, whilst a senior role, is an office based administrative role.
You will be the first port-of-call for ERDF technical issues for FEAST staff and FEAST partners. You will be required to comply with all ERDF funded project requirements including, but not limited to; finance and budget management, establishment of EU and project management systems, management of related staff timesheets, identifying the time spent on the FEAST project for claims; administration and retention of all documentation; use of the correct ERDF logo on all publicity materials; audits; completion of all ERDF procedural requirements in terms of ERDF claims, equality, procurement and recruitment; and project delivery, output monitoring and recording. You will be responsible for ensuring the Forum is abreast of and complies with ERDF requirements and regulations.
You will be required to build effective working relationships with FEAST staff and FEAST partners to ensure the successful delivery of the contract. You will also be the main point of contact with DCLG ERDF staff. You will be required to travel across the East Midlands on a monthly or quarterly basis to manage the project and partners, although in the main the role will be office based at Southglade Food Park.
Knowledge of the food and drink industry would be desirable.
Individuals should have the following understanding, skills and experience which will be the criteria used for initial selection and interview questions and tests where applicable;
- Proven experience of working with, managing, monitoring and reporting on ERDF funded projects,
- Expertise and up to date knowledge in ERDF requirements, regulations and ultimately compliance,
- Experience of public sector procurement – some experience of OJEU would be beneficial,
- Experience of managing financial systems, ERDF budgets and cashflows with SAGE, EXCEL and MCIS,
- Knowledge and experience in ERDF tendering, procurement, publicity, administration and claims process
- Strong leadership and management skills together with reporting at different levels,
- Experience of project management delivery and the administration required for system implementation and maintenance to support staff, partners and the claims process but also internal and external audits,
- Experience of managing and preparing for EU audits of different levels,
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Operating at a senior level,
- Strong administrative skills with speed and agility,
- Working knowledge and advanced experience of IT in Microsoft applications,
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines,
- Knowledge of the food and drink sector.
As you will be required to meet with partners across the East Midlands, a clean driving license is a necessity with business use on insurance.
The Food & Drink Forum is a not-for-profit industry body for the food and drink manufacturing sector, working across the East Midlands. (www.foodanddrinkforum.co.uk)
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV along with a 1 page covering letter which should include at least two referees to email@example.com
Applications and Interviews will be held without delay as we wish to appoint the right candidate as soon as possible.
Due to the high level of interest unfortunately we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applications. The Food and Drink Forum reserves the right to cancel or extend the advertisement and vacancy until an appointment has been made.