What support is available?
By taking part in the Food Enterprise Development Project you will receive free technical and business support.
Business support will be provided through the form of a business diagnostic with a Food and Drink Forum Business Advisor, followed by company specific referrals in the form of an action plan. After the initial diagnostic meeting 4 hours of technical support will be provided by The Food and Drink Forum technical team in the form of either an onsite visit or remotely where necessary.
Our food technical experts can provide support in areas such as:
- Product labelling (are you labels meeting the Food Information Regulations?)
- Recipe nutritional analysis
- HACCP implementation and support
- Product lab testing advice and support
- Support implementing / maintaining SALSA certification
- Support implementing / maintaining BRC certification
- Shelf life and product stability advice
- Internal audit support
- Factory layout advice (improving production efficiency)
- Food safety and hygiene
What is the eligibility criteria?
– Must be a Food and Drink manufacturing business in Leicester / Leicestershire
– You must be an SME with less than 250 employees
– Must have been trading for at least 12 months
– You must have an annual turnover of less than €50million, and an annual balance sheet of less than €43million
– The business is not owned by another business
– You must be predominantly operating Business-to-Business (B2B)
To check your eligibility or register your interest in the support available please call us on 01163 669729 or email