Work For Us
Please see our current vacancies below, where no vacancies are listed please feel free to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to keep on our records for future roles.
Salary: Up to £38,000 dependent on experience
Location: East Midlands
Hours: Full Time (Monday – Friday, 9AM – 5PM including 1/2 hour lunch break)
Annual Leave: 25 days, in addition to 8 bank holidays
This role is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION ROLE REQUIREMENTS
This role will be working within the FEAST2 project Food Technical Team providing high quality support & advice to small food businesses across a range of project activities. Also, flexibility will be required to fulfil other functions within the business as and when required.
The role is complex requiring a high degree of multi tasking and focus, as it provides support within a wide range of the food manufacturing & foodservice industry. Because of the nature of the role it requires excellent skills in the areas of attention to detail, organisation of workload though time planning, negotiation communication skills.
The role has a high degree of contact with the public both members and non members of the organisation and a proactive, helpful and committed approach to customer service are required. Also, a hands-on approach will be required to problem solving and continuous improvement within the businesses
Good interpersonal skills are required as well as the ability to work under your own initiative. There will be the need for some flexible working hours e.g. occasional weekends and evenings, if required by the business.
In addition as this role is part of a small team a flexible approach to tasks and priorities will be important, as well as the willingness to take on other duties on an ad hoc basis.
Food and Drink is a priority sector in LEP areas and these have been identified by the LEP’s as those sectors likely to make the greatest contribution to the East Midlands’ economy over the next decade and therefore will be the focus of targeted interventions. As a result, the ERDF FEAST2 project is expected to be one of the vehicles for providing significant resource to the sector. This includes working with partners, through to large and small businesses and the knowledge base of universities, colleges and research institutions.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
To develop, support, maintain and ultimately provide;
- You will assist the Food Technical Manager in taking responsibility to develop and manage the delivery of the project works to businesses.
- An excellent understanding and working knowledge of HACCP
- The business would expect a willingness to attain a trainer qualification and deliver food safety training at several levels
- You will manage your own time effectively
- Expected to work from home and/or hot desk from a Business Centre where required
- Be able to prepare project reports, utilising report writing skills to produce a concise narrative of project progress
- Collate outputs and outcomes from projects and commercial activities and analyse variances, communicate these proactively and consider their impacts on the overall project success
- Liaison with customers in the public and private sectors as required e.g. sending information, following up, organising meetings, telephone calls
- To have an excellent working knowledge of the FEAST2 projects, to be able to describe this accurately to customers and prospective customers both verbally and in writing
- Ensuring that accurate records are kept as required e.g. data storage, file storage, archiving
- Assisting with the preparation of funding submissions as required
- Speak at trade and support events with authority and specialist knowledge in the areas of technical food production
- An understanding of food legislation including labelling law.
FOOD TECHNICAL DELIVERY
- To deliver food and drink sector technical services, on and off site, to food and drink businesses in order to generate revenue;
- Provide coaching and up-skill businesses with technical skills and knowledge required in managing a successful business including new product development ;
- Enhancing the uptake of food technology and process technology in the manufacturing of food products in order to raise standards and productivity;
- Offer direct technical support and advice to applicants and tenants, e.g. product specifications, certification to national industry standards (SALSA / BRC) and compliance.
- Assisting pre-start and start-up businesses with requisite food technical information and ensuring safe and legal ‘shelf ready’ products are manufactured;
- Contributing to learning material design and deliver seminars / workshops around key food and sector topics;
- Developing, delivering and / or supporting training workshops and events, creating a vibrant Hub used by tenants, partner agencies and food and drink manufacturers.
- To provide technical liaison between food and drink manufacturing businesses and the retail and food service client base;
- To liaise with all compliance / enforcement agencies, e.g. EHO, Trading Standards, FSA, encouraging businesses to take a proactive approach to these organisations;
- Relationship management with all clients and customers;
- Forming strategic partnerships for The Food WorksSW to promote sector development, funding and sponsorship opportunities;
- To collaborate with a range of partner organisations to maximise direct support to the sector e.g. Local Enterprise Partnerships, Local Authorities, Chambers of Commerce and other Food Centres as an example;
- To link and have a close working relationship with all local Primary Authorities, Large Food Manufacturers sites/groups and local Knowledge Centres;
- To ensure through active promotions and networking the site is the SW Regional Food Manufacturing Hub with national and international recognition;
Other Specific Duties:
- To be accountable for delivering all areas of the job role whilst being flexible to support others and to undertake any commensurate tasks, other duties or role, as appropriate, that may be required from time-to-time to support the organisation;
- Be responsible for the health and safety of self and others, ensuring work areas are clean, tidy and free from obstruction and to contribute to assessment and reporting of risks in/on the premises;
- Demonstrate action toward the Forum’s equality policy and actively promote and adhere to all policies;
- To play a full part in the life of the Forum and its community, to support its distinctive aim and ethos and to encourage staff to follow this example and work well with others;
- To work towards objectives and targets, as identified in the Performance Management process, completing the cycle annually;
- To maintain and update ‘Standard Operating Procedures’ for all allocated tasks;
- To show a record of excellent attendance and punctuality.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified and you may be required to perform other duties as required. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description. This job description is current at the date shown, but following consultation with you, may be changed by the General Manager to reflect or anticipate changes in the job which are commensurate with the salary and job title.