The Food WorksSW, based in Weston-super-Mare, is a vibrant centre of excellence for nurturing local food and drink business, with state of the art facilities, technical support and expert advice to get your business bubbling. Connecting local producers to collaborate, innovate, identify new markets and create jobs within the sector.
The Food Works,SW which opened in April 2020, is a dynamic food and drink innovation centre offering food-grade business units, product development facilities and a business engagement centre to help your business grow.
The Food and Drink Forum were appointed as the operator, by North Somerset Council, in May 2019. The Forum worked closely with North Somerset Council and the developer to guide the fit out of the centre, liaise with key stakeholders and can provide businesses with further details on the rental of business units, use of product development facilities, meeting room hire, packages of support and membership.
The Food WorksSW creates a focal point and regional centre of excellence for food and drink businesses across the South West. It helps new businesses begin their journey and more established producers to innovate and grow.
The Food WorksSW is there to ensure that businesses with great ideas truly take off.
The Innovation Centre comprises of:
- Eight 1000 sq/ft and four 1500 sq/ft purpose built food-grade business units to lease that are both affordable and flexible.
- Four Product Development rooms and a fully-equipped trial kitchen to enable businesses of any size to scale up production, introduce new lines, produce short runs and pilot improvements.
- Practical hands-on technical support to enable food businesses to grow and succeed within highly complex supply-chains.
- Learning and collaboration opportunities as well as creating business development prospects.
- A ‘one stop shop’ so that businesses can draw on support and expertise at a local, regional and national level.
For further information please click here or contact The Food WorksSW team on 01934 315381.